"Being at the wrong hospital from my appointment"

About: Ayr Hospital / Clinical haematology Crosshouse Hospital / Clinical haematology

I arrived at Crosshouse for a 0900 appointment - I should have been at Ayr Hospital. The lady I spoke to at reception (waiting area 2 outpaitents 11-03-15) was just great - she phoned down straight away and explained what I'd done - the reply from the folk at Ayr was a simple - "don't worry, just come ahead now and we'll fit you in". I made my way down to road and somewhat red faced introduced myself as "I'm the one who went to the wrong place". The lady on reception was again simply charming, I was seen straight away.

What a great experience!

Thanks to all concerned.

Dear 'The late appointment',

I am sure you are not the first to go to the wrong hospital and you will not be the last, it is easy enough to do. I am glad that you were seen and that you were treated with such courtesy, it is great to hear. Thank you for sharing this, I will make sure the staff know about your post.

Best wishes