"I cannot praise them enough"

About: Ayr Hospital / Ophthalmology

Both my eyes have now had cataracts removed through treatment from Dr Ingalls and his team in the Eye Clinic. I had one eye done by Dr Ingalls and the other by Dr Gaskell.

It has made a big difference to my life, the colours are so sharp and I no longer need glasses or contact lenses to be able to see clearly. I enjoy taking my dog for a walk and seeing the scenery around me, watching the television and reading. One eye is better than the other, I suppose they were like that even before the cataracts.

I was terrified of the operation before I went into hospital but the nurse, Lynne, calmed me down and made it much easier for me. Now I tell people about it and tell them to go for it if they need any treatment from the clinic. I cannot praise them enough.

I am a joiner by trade and need to have my knees replaced – once I get them done I’ll be back at work with my improved eyesight, even though I’m in my 70s.

Dear Prime88,

How wonderful to get your sight back to such an extent, it is truly heart-warming to hear. Our sight is such a gift and we depend on it for so much.

Thank you for sharing this with us via the Patient Opinion site. I will be very pleased to pass this to all the team to let them have the pat on the back they clearly deserve and I will make sure Dr Ingalls, Dr Gaskell and Lynne get this personally.

I hope you get your knee replacements soon and are back to work at your young age (just a nipper yet).

Best wishes