"Visit on 10 March 2015"

About: University Hospital Of North Durham

I attended for gastroscopy - not the pleasantest of procedures - and I was scared. I was treated with kindness, consideration and courtesy throughout by the nurse and the technician. There was a delay which meant I had to wait a bit but this was explained to me so that I wasn't left fretting. And then my procedure was carried out as quickly and efficiently as possible with constant reassurance from the nurse. I was also given the results before I left which again reduced the time I needed to spend worrying. If you have to have this test then I would thoroughly recommend this team.

Response from University Hospital Of North Durham

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent visit to the University Hospital of North Durham. I am very pleased to hear that you had a positive experience and that you are happy with the care you received and the staff allayed your fears. The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients, and your very kind comments will be shared with the sister to pass onto the staff for you. I know they will be encouraged by your positive comments. Thank you for leaving your comments on NHS Choices. Patient Experience Team County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust Tel: 0800 7835774