"Central ultrasound booking office"

About: New Victoria Hospital / X-rays and scans

Our consultant has referred us for MRI early February.

We waited for phone call about MRI.

We received a letter mid February saying they could not contact us by phone

and we had to contact them as soon as possible. Had only been out 1 day during that period..at doctors surgery

From 10. 20am I phoned the number 3 times and was put on automated service

leaving 2 numbers which we could be contacted on

We waited all day and still no reply back. This being a central contact centre I would expect a call back the same day, The letter was explaining how urgent this was

Response from Patient Advice and Support Service

Dear glenburnjany,

I have noticed that you have not had a response to your post. I am sorry to read about the experiences you have had when waiting on an appointment and trying to contact the clinic. I wanted to offer some information to you if you would like some help in raising these issues with the NHS. The Patient Advice and Support Service (PASS) is an independent service providing free and confidential information, advice and support to anyone who wants to give feedback to the NHS.

You can access this service from any citizens advice bureau in Scotland by going to a bureau in person, or by telephone. The number is in the phone book. You can find more information about the service at www.patientadvicescotland.org.uk

When you contact your citizens advice bureau, you will see a generalist adviser who will refer you to a specialist adviser if necessary. You can get information and advice on giving feedback to the NHS including the rights and responsibilities of both the NHS and patients.

The adviser will be able to meet you and explain the NHS complaints process, and help you to draft a written letter to provide feedback to the NHS. The adviser can also explain the NHS complaints procedure and support you if you are asked to attend a meeting with the NHS to discuss your feedback.

Best wishes,