"Back to work in under 3 weeks"

About: Forth Valley Royal Hospital / Orthopaedics

I injured my knee and following a visit to my GP was referred to my local hospital, Forth Valley Royal, within the day I had X-rays taken, seen by an Orthopaedic doctor and referred for MRI scan.

I was telephoned after two days with a diagnosis of torn miniscus and told I would be considered for surgery, a further two days later and I received a further phone call to see if I could attend the next morning, this I duly did and underwent surgery to fix the knee.

The care I received was exemplary, from both surgical and nursing staff, at no point did I feel uncomfortable or uninformed..

I have nothing but praise for the Trauma team and this will allow me to get back to work in under three weeks.

Response from Pauline Marland, Person Centred Patient Experience Coordinator, Department of Nursing, NHS Forth Valley

Dear Grandadles

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the positive feedback regarding your care after injuring your knee.

The Trauma Team strive to deliver a high standard of care and I am delighted that this was your experience.

I will pass on your kind words to all in the Trauma Team and I hope that you are continuing to recover well.

King Regards