"Whole experience was professional and caring"

About: Royal Bournemouth General Hospital / General medicine

I was sent from my GP's surgery in February, with a suspected TIA. I was shown into the ward where they were expecting me, and seen immediately by a doctor. She explained precisely what was going go happen to me, the tests that I would have and when. I was offered a bed, which as a disabled person it made me much more comfortable. A lovely male nurse was doing my blood tests and obs, the atmosphere was calming and relaxed. My whole experience was fantastically professional and caring. My last experience at RBH was awful and led to me issuing a complaint. This visit was great, and I wanted to express my thanks and gratitude. Fortunately I had not had a stroke. Thank you

Response from Sue Mellor, Patient Experience Lead, Royal Bournemouth & Christchurch Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Dear ‘Mothergoose’

Regards

Sue Mellor

Head of Patient Engagement

Response from Royal Bournemouth General Hospital

Copied from original response on Patient Opinion in March 2015 Dear ‘Mothergoose’ I am sorry to hear you were unwell in February but it is good news that the investigations showed you did not have a stroke. I am pleased to hear that the process of admitting you via your GP went so smoothly with staff ready to receive you and a bed waiting. It is good to hear that the doctor explained everything so well including the tests required and excellent to know that you found the staff and environment to be calming and relaxed. I will pass on your comments to the team leader to share with her staff as I know she will be delighted that through the dedication of her team you have been left with a much better impression than your first visit to our Trust. I am sorry to hear that your first visit ended in a complaint and I hope this visit encourages you that we are constantly striving to improve the services we provide to give excellent care for every patient every day. Regards Sue Mellor Head of Patient Engagement