"Unhappy with nursing care on ward 11"

About: Wishaw General Hospital / General Medicine

Mum was in cause she took a stroke, she was in ward 11 wishaw general, and I have to be honest I wouldn't even want my dog in there.

The nurses hid all the patients buzzers, so if they need the toilet and they don't reach the toilet before a nurse came it was very degrading. One nurse in particular they were all frightend of her, and I don't blame them as I was frightened from her too.

My mum was very unwell one day I visited and asked her if there was a doctor on, and her reply was no, and even if there was, your mum wouldn't be seeing one. I could go on and on.

Response from Gillian Corbett, Chief of Nursing Services, Wishaw General Hospital, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear misty blue,

I am sorry and very disappointed to read your account of your mums care while in Ward 11, thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention. This is not the standard of care we would expect and to allow us to investigate this matter fully I would appreciate if you could contact our Patient Affairs Manager Yvonne Ross on 01698 366558.

In the meantime, I have asked my Senior Nurse who is responsible for the Care of the Elderly wards to visit Ward 11 to urgently review standards of practice. Further information from you would greatly assist us in a targeted investigation and allow us to provide you with feedback.

I do hope your mum is progressing through her recovery.

Kind Regards