"Received unhelpful leaflets"

About: Wakefield House / Access & Advice Team - Warrington

I have suffered depression and anxiety all of my life. I DONT ask for help. But this time I did. I actually felt good about having the courage to say I needed help rather than simply ''opting out. ' Even though the lady was lovely I left Wakefield house feeling deflated and pointless. I got leaflets to read which I could have got off the internet. I know my challenges. I know my limits. I knew what the leaflets would say. Did they help me? No. My mind doesn't focus for long enough to absorb and read leaflets. And even if it did I've read that same information for years in books, on the internet, libraries etc. I'm not stupid enough to admit to wanting to end my life as that may justify locking me in somewhere and I would freak out being locked in as I am claustrophobic. However, that is exactly how I feel, a dam pointless burden. In fact I feel worse having been than before I went.

Response from Katherine Earlam, PALS Officer, 5 Boroughs Partnership NHS Trust

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments, I will ensure that your comments are forwarded onto the Matron for Adult Services.

If you need any further help or advice please do not hesitate to contact me.

Katherine Earlam - PALS officer

Response from Jacqui Sellek, PALS Coordinator, 5 Boroughs Partnership NHS Trust

We apologise that you were left feeling disappointed following your experience with the Warrington and Halton Assessment Team.

Self-help material is provided to our service users, We would be happy to discuss your opinions regarding improving these material and further discuss with you your experience with the Warrington and Halton Assessment Team. We welcome client feedback as strive to deliver an excellent service.

You can contact Jane Murphy Team Manager or Deputy Team Manager Joanne Beaton Deputy Team Manager on 01925 666647.