"Apauling care"

About: Chorley & South Ribble Hospital

my son had an emergency X-ray which show a litre of fluid on his lung. After 3 days with absolutely no treatment I had to personally arrange s transfer to another competent hospital. Shocking lack of communication between shifts and s total lack of concern. Having contact PALS and left a message disappointed but not surprised at the lack of response. Failures sadly not just at management level but also ward staff level. E.g one member of staff commented on smothering z difficult patient!

Thank you for your feedback. We are obviously concerned to read your comments. If you would be willing to do so, can I ask you to please give me a call on 01772 522793 to discuss, which will enable us to carry out a more detailed investigation into the concerns you have raised.

Response from Chorley & South Ribble Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your son's experience. We were very concerned to read your comments and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your concerns in greater detail. If you are happy to do so, can I ask you to please contact our Head of Patient Experience and Customer Care on 01772 522793.