"My three monthly Zoladex injection "

About: Calverley Medical Centre

I went to keep my appointment at 11.20am with the nurse for my three monthly Zoladex injection for prostate cancer today. I arrived at 11.10am and was called in at 11.30am. The last patient came out at 11.20am, why the delay? Dr. A. V. Lee, who always did the injections (every three months) gave me a local anaesthetic because the Zoladex is given with a large needle and believe me it is very painful without the anaesthetic. Dr. Lee has moved to Farsley clinic. I will ring him for my next injection in January 2010. The office staff at Calverly are always welcoming and helpful. Zoladex is an oestrogen capsule injected subcutaneously and if not done carefully can cause soreness and bleeding afterwards. Of course the nurse placed a plaster over the wound, but it is still sore.

Response from Patient and Public Involvement Lead, Leeds PCT

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Calverley Medical Centre. I was pleased to hear that the staff were welcoming and helpful to you.

I shall make sure your comments are passed onto the Practice Manager at Calverley.