"Referral for my lower leg scan"

About: Shropshire and Staffordshire Telford referral and quality service (TRAQS) The Princess Royal Hospital / X-ray and Scans

Once referred for a lower leg scan I was seen within a few days at the local hospital and the consultation and investigation were done considerately and efficiently on time. There had been a long delay prior to this referral which was suggested following a cardiac referral. I don’t think it would have happened unless I had followed up the verbal suggestion by the cardiologist who had sent a letter to the practice. Once paged up the process proceeded rapidly.

Response from Helen Handy, TRAQS & CAB Co-Ordinator, Telford and Wrekin CCG

Dear Lost671

I am disappointed to hear that there was a delay between you seeing the cardiologist and TRAQS receiving a referral for further treatment.

Unfortunately we do require a referral from your registered GP before we can begin to process a referral for a new outpatient appointment. Once received TRAQS aim to contact all patients within 1 working day for an urgent referral and 5 working days for a routine referral.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the team and we wish you well for the future.

Response from The Princess Royal Hospital

Thank you for your feedback Di Davis Patient Advice and Liaison Service