"you have all done yourselves proud"

About: Queen's Medical Centre / Ear, Nose and Throat

(as a parent/guardian),

I am posting these comments on behalf of my son.

"To the staff and porters of ENT C Section 24/25.

I would just like to place on record my gratitude and thanks for your service when I had an operation on my ear on Thursday 29th January 2015 performed by Dr. Andrew Marshall.

From the moment I arrived at 12pm to when I left at 7pm later on the same day, I could not fault the attention to detail and care that all the staff showed to me and my family and I am very grateful. I hear a lot about the NHS in the news and to be honest I hear more bad than good so you have all done yourselves proud in keeping up the overall good work at the QMC.

I apologise for not leaving a review at the time as I was keen to get home and recover from the operation.

I will recommend your facilities to anyone in the future. Again, thank you"

Response from Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust

Thank you so much for your kind comments. It’s great to know you and your family had such great care and attention from our staff. We will pass on your feedback to the team, particularly Dr Marshall, who performed your operation. We hope you have now fully recovered, and thank you for the recommendation.

You may also be interested to know that the people’s nurse and midwife of the year awards open to nominations on Monday (9 March). You may wish to consider nominating one of our staff in light of your recent positive experience with us. More information will be available at www.nuh.nhs.uk.

Response from Queen's Medical Centre

This feedback was originally posted in March 2015 via the Patient Opinion website. There is presently a technical problem with the NHS Choices website. This means a back log of comments are presently being pulled from the Patient Opinion website later than usual. We have escalated our concerns to the NHS Choices team, who have assured us that their team are working to resolve the problem. We responded to this post back in March 2015. This lovely feedback was shared with the staff involved at the time.