"Caring & Considerate Treatment"

About: St Thomas' Hospital (London)

I visited St Thomas' A&E department with a letter by my GP, as I had been experiencing suicidal tendencies. The nurse at reception was nice, polite and sensitive - as was the lady who saw me at the check-in. I was taken quickly into the majors department, and there I was seen by another nurse who deserves to be identified as a great nurse - she was really nice and gentle and treated me with respect. Then, I was seen by a person from the psych department, and she too was caring and compassionate. They all made me feel safe and that I had done the right thing, and that I was being looked after. I felt better when I was there and I just really appreciated the excellent, human treatment I received. This is the second time I have visited St Thomas' and both times have been impressive. A great emergency room, and I'm sure it will improve even further with all these renovations going on! Thank you to the staff at St Thomas' that looked after me. I am very grateful.

Response from St Thomas' Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience in the A&E department. I am very glad to learn that you received sensitive and compassionate care throughout your time in A&E. This is what we strive for every time so it is really encouraging for staff to read feedback like yours. Your comments have been shared with the Matron and Service Manager for A&E and they will be pleased to share them with their teams.