"Thanks for all the care and the many laughs"

About: Royal Alexandra Hospital / Trauma & orthopaedics

I had to go into the RAH to have my leg amputated. I was a bit frightened and from the start the nursing staff and my consultant treated me very well and put my fears to rest. I was in hospital for 9 weeks.

I send many thanks to Mr Pai and his team for doing my operation and the care after the operation to ensure all was healed before I was discharged.

Many thanks to all the nursing staff on ward 23. They made the 9 long weeks more bearable. Thanks for all the care and the many laughs that helped keep me sane! !

I was never too keen on the physio but who is? I want them to know I can do the transfers very well now!

Dear contrarycat,

I really appreciate you taking the time to tell me about the experience you had during your treatment at the RAH. With such a major operation and lengthy stay in hospital, I am so glad that your fears were put to rest by the hospital team looking after you, but also that they helped to make sure the days passed that little bit quicker for you.

I will pass your feedback on to Mr Pai and the rest of the team in Ward 23 who I know will be delighted with your kind comments.

I would like to wish you all the best in your future rehabilitation, and thank you again for getting in touch.

• contrarycat thinks this response is helpful