"I can't see how the service has improved"

About: Rotherham PCT / Continence service

Prior to April this year, I had a repeat prescription for catheters, which I just ticked and took to local pharmacy. This was discontinued in April. I now have to ring for a prescription each time and still have to pick them up from the pharmacy. I can't see how this has improved the service as it involves an additional act and extra postage.

Response from Helen Wyatt, Manager, Patient and Public Involvement , Quality Assurance Team, Rotherham Clinical Commissioning Group

Thanks for your posting.

One of the main changes, that might not yet be obvious to people, is that the new service involves regular clinical reviews.

Also, when people ring the service, they can ask for products to be delivered, and we can request pharmacies to do this.

From your posting, when you talk about postage incurred, I'm not sure whether you mean for yourself or for the NHS. If this is on your part, please contact us to discuss this, it may be that we can suggest ways around this.

People are now hopefully ringing the Continence service rather than having to go to a pharmacy to deliver a prescription. Also people often had to make a repeat journey, as few pharmacies would keep a stock of products.

Again, please contact either myself on 01709 302042 or the Service Manager, Joanne on 01709 423240 if you are incurring additional costs yourself, and want to discuss this, or have any other concerns.