"Great care"

About: Macclesfield District General Hospital

After becoming very poorly very quickly with UTI symptoms including haematuria and being unable to see my GP until 5 hours later my husband took me to A&E. We were seen by the triage nurse within about 10 minutes of arriving and transferred to a bay in the A&E area straight away. The doctor was brilliant - very caring, thorough and patient with me even though I was in a great deal of pain. He took time to call specialists at a different hospital so that he could make sure I was getting the best care. The nurse was great too, although she did use the largest sized cannula on me which added somewhat to my discomfort, especially when taking my blood pressure on the same arm. I was eventually transferred to Stepping Hill urology department after receiving i.v. antibiotics in Macclesfield and am now at home recovering and I would just like to thank everyone there for all their care.

Response from Macclesfield District General Hospital

Please accept our sincere thanks for taking the time to comment on your experiences while being cared for on the ward. It's great to hear you were so pleased with the service provided. We will feed back your comments to the staff concerned and I'm sure it will mean a lot to them.