"Unclean and extremely poor parking facilities"

About: East Surrey Hospital

There was blood on the bed when my mother was admitted. This was from a previous patient. Also parking is non existent so get a taxi if you have to attend this hospital.

Dear Anonymous

Regards

Ian

Response from East Surrey Hospital

Dear Anonymous I'm sorry to read about your recent experience at East Surrey Hospital. If you'd care to e-mail me ian.mackenzie@sash.nhs.uk I can look into the cleaning issue you mention. With regard to parking I'm sorry that you had difficulties because we now believe that we have about the right number of visitor parking spaces. There used to be an issue with queuing but since we opened a lot more spaces last Summer this has largely gone and doesn't appear to be a problem. The only exception to this was on Monday afternoon this week when we had a technical problem with one set of barriers which did cause significant problems for about 90 minutes. Regards Ian Mackenzie, Director of Information and Facilities, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust