"Patient opinions of the new mobile phone procedure"
About: Forensic mental health / Low secure services Forensic mental health Low secure services NG3 6AA
Posted by Grekw7 (as ),
We have been piloting a new procedure on the use of mobile phones at The Wells Road Centre for 3 months to evaluate it's success.
In secure hospitals we have to manage patient access to technology which can use the internet and other issues which can arise. Patients have been able to use mobile phones either on community leave or under time limited supervision in the hospital.
We have decided to give the patients the option of receiving a basic mobile phone which they can use within the hospital throughout the day.
We have asked patients from each ward for their opinions on this new procedure to help us review it's success. The questions and responses for Thurland ward are as follows:
Question 1 How has the option of having a mobile phone benefited you?
1. It benefits me because I can have my phone from 9am in the morning till 7. 30 at night so I can speak to my family and mother throughout the day.
2. I don’t have to wait to use the phone I can use it when I like in the day.
3. Yes I Have more choice on the time and when I can use my phone.
4. I can talk to my family, girlfriend and kids more often.
5. I can have call unsupervised on the ward
Question 2 do you have any suggestions on how we could improve our policy on mobile phones?
1. I believe that the policy is good
2. I would like 24 hour access
4. To be able to have the phone for longer and over night
5. Have them all the time
Question 3 Any other comments
2. no everything about the policy and phones are good thanks
3. I appreciate the policy.
4. I think it’s good.
5. Having the phone helps a lot.