"Maternity"

About: Lister Hospital

If your having a baby don't come here . I'm dreading giving birth I'm scared for my baby that she won't get care she needs . I've been in 2 weeks and made 3 complaints . No one will treat me , I get ignored and spend hours - day to see a doctor . They don't involve you in any treatment , don't be surprised if your meds are changed or more likely just stopped without you knowing until you ask for them and are told no . There are some lovely staff but they are over shadowed by the rude ones that won't listen and judge you without even talking or meeting you . I'm sat in side room listening to a midwife slag me off and take the mick out of me over the phone ! as well as I've been told I can't look after my baby , I'm a druggy for wanting pain relief because they won't treat me at 37 weeks pregnant with a slipped disc ! They just want me to lay quietly in a bed in too much pain to even move let alone get up to pee . Your inconsiderate if you ask to speak to one of the only 2 doctors on duty because they are needed else where . Hmm maybe should have spent some of the 150 million on staff for your hospital . I've got doctors refusing to see me because I'm pregnant and maternity refusing to treat me because I need to see someone else or guess what I'm pregnant ! Yet nobody will talk to me or put a plan in place . I just have to lay here in agony worrying about my baby , being ignored and mocked . Best one is when you just get told to talk to night/day staff after they have ignored you and you confront them . Obviously just can't be bothered to deal with me anymore. Funny thing is I sore my consultant this morning but couldn't bring up these problems because I didn't know they existed until after he had left because not my business to know details of my treatment apparently . And yes I've spoken to head midwife and complaint person as well as them trying to set mental health on me which backfired when they agreed I had every right to be angry . If I ever need to go to hospital again hopefully I have enough time to go somewhere else than here !

Response from Lister Hospital

You clearly sound very upset and whilst you say you have spoken with the head of midwifery, we would like to see your concerns followed up formally - please do get in touch with us at generalenquiries.enh-tr@nhs.net so we can see what can be done to help you.