"My stay on new dawn"

14 months ago I was admitted to new dawn ward. I was anxious and scared as I dont know what to expect. I was met at the reception by three friendly staff. They introduced themselves and help me with all my bags. They reassured me and introduce me to other patients and the ward buddy CC. Such a funny nice girl who supported me to setlle in. The ward manager is funny and nice. Always have a ggod word for everyone. My primary nurse and me completed my shared pathway and care plans and for the first time i feel i have a say in my treatment plan we even talk about my risk and how i can make thing better. There is loads of groups for us and it help me to learn to cope with emotion. when i get angry or want to harm my self staff will help me to use ice or breathing excercise. DBT is what we do, it help change my life. I was supported to follow my dream to be a hair dresser, I went to college in beckton and the staff were their to help. It really change my life. parties on the ward are really good.

Response from Cygnet Hospital Beckton

Thank you for your feedback it means a lot to us to know that those who use our service have a positive experience. I trust that you will continue on your recovery journey and are able to tap in to the new coping skills you have learnt to manage your life. Very best wishes.