"Good service from experience nurse"

About: Moorfields Eye Hospital (City Road)

The service i received was good and knowledgeable but it was a little frustrating to go through the various stages of assessment and waiting. In total it was over 3hours, and about 5-10minutes with the experienced nurse who diagnosed my marginal keratitis and blepharitis at the end. Perhaps another mechanism could be devised to issue same-day appointments for the non-urgent, after the initial assessment, so less time was wasted in the in-between stages.

Response from Moorfields Eye Hospital (City Road)

I'm glad to hear you had a good clinical experience and that we were able to diagnose your condition successfully. You will appreciate that, as a walk-in emergency service, our A&E team has to assess patients and see them according to the urgency of their condition, which inevitably means that some patients have to wait longer than others, especially when the department is particularly busy, as it frequently is. We are, however, keen to keep waits as short as possible and welcome suggestions for how we might achieve this, so I will pass your idea on to the team.