"Top class care in sensitive environment"

About: Moorfields Eye Hospital (City Road)

I had macular hole surgery on February 9. From my admission to discharge I don't believe I could have had higher quality care. It is not an exaggeration to say that I enjoyed the whole experience. Each member of the nursing staff on my case greeted me very kindly and put me at my ease : all questions were answered efficiently and warmly. The surgeon put me immediately at my ease: when he said " well, the next time I see you will be in the Operating Theatre" I actually found myself looking forward to it! The actual op went smoothly and without a hitch and I enjoyed listening to the medical conversations going on around me. I did 2 hours posturing immediately after the operation and then was allowed to go home. Post-operatively, some 12 days afterwards , I was seen for follow-up at my local hospital and was discharged . I now wish to pass on my grateful thanks to all the staff involved in the afternoon shift on February 9 ( you know who you are! ). I particularly want to thank the surgeon for making me feel so safe throughout the surgery, and to commend him most highly to his Consultant: you made a great team and I wish you continued success in your chosen fields .

Response from Moorfields Eye Hospital (City Road)

It's not often that patients tell us they've actually enjoyed undergoing eye surgery! Thank you so much for taking the time to post these positive comments. I am delighted to hear that you had such a good experience with us and will ensure that your praise and thanks are passed on to the team responsible for your care.