"Hairmyres Cardiac Catheterisation Unit"

About: Hairmyres Hospital / Cardiology

My Dad was recently admitted to CCU in Hairmyers for an angiogram and stent. Once again we were so impressed with the care we received.

My Dad was treated with such respect and caring, each of the nurses took time to introduce themselves to ourself and clearly spent time speaking with and learning about my Dad. They were reasurring, informative, professional yet so kind. This was a very stressful situation for us as a family and they made this a much easier experience. As a daughter it made a difference knowing that my Dad was in receipt of such excellent care. All the members of staff in this unit are a credit to the NHS.

In addition can we please commend the catering and portering staff. While waiting for Dad my mum and I ate in the dining room. During this time my Mum spilled some tea and a member of portering staff interrupted his own meal to help clean up the spill while another member of catering staff went and replaced this for us.

As a member of NHS staff myself I feel that the experience we had was exemplary and would be so grateful if our sincere thanks could be passed onto all.

Response from Susan Friel, Chief of Nursing Services, Hairmyres Hospital, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear Gratefuldaughter15

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive experiences, while your dad was looked after within our CCU. I'm pleased that your father and your family all felt supported during this difficult time. We aspire to provide care and compassion to all in our care, and I will make sure that your thanks are passed on to all staff involved in looking after your dad.

I'm also pleased to hear of your experience while in the dining room. I'm proud of the staff at Hairmyres and this example of portering and catering staff looking after you demonstrates exactly why.

I hope your dad continues to make a speedy recovery.