"The consultant and theatre staff were wonderful..."

The consultant and theatre staff were wonderful which all things considered is the main thing, however the nursing staff and cleanliness of the theatre waiting area were not up to the standards I expected. I didn't actually want to touch any of the surfaces (chairs needed a good clean) and the adjoining toilet where you were asked to change wasn't very pleasant and rather resembled a store room. I have been treated at Euxton Hall as both a private and NHS patient and I was amazed at the difference in care. I didn't expect everything to be the same - I didn't expect a private room and lunch! - but I did expect that the care and attention would remain unaltered. Sadly I was wrong and it wasn't a very pleasant experience.

Response from Euxton Hall Hospital

We are sorry to learn of your negative experience of Euxton Hall Hospital. The hospital is currently in the process of a refurbishment scheme and the room you were in during your time with us has been identified as an area for improvement and is within this programme of works. We apologise that our standards did not meet the expectations we set for our patients and selves on this occasion. We take all types of feedback seriously and have shared your feedback with our hospital teams in order to learn from this and ensure we continue to drive a positive patient experience. Should you wish to discuss your concerns in more detail please contact Rosie Caven at rosie.caven@ramsayhealth.co.uk.