"Not able to arrange transport to Queens Medical Hospital"

About: Nottingham NHS Treatment Centre(Nations Healthcare) Queen's Medical Centre / Older people's healthcare

I have been given a date for an appointment at the NHS treatment centre in Nottingham on Lister Road for the 6th November. I go away soon and will not be back until the 3rd November, so really need to arrange transport to the hospital before I go away.

I am unable to walk far and need help with getting to the hospital, my friends are all at work and not able to take me. I am 80 years of age.

I had been given a number to call, I managed to get through to an extension and it repeatedly rang and no one answered, five times I have tried. I have been put through to ambulance bookings and interpreters, they could not help me and did not know who could. I have called all of the numbers given to me in the letter and the leaflet that Principia had given to me and no one answers the telephone.

I am an elderly lady and it seems impossible for me to get the help I need. No one seems to know who I should speak to for transport arrangements. It is very frustrating and a poor service. I hope that this posting will change the system that is used at present.

Response from Charlotte Lawson-Braley, Support and Development Manager, Principia

Dear Crafty92 Hopefully following our conversation your transport problems will shortly be resolved. For other Principia patients having similar problems the follow links may help: Rushcliffe CVS or Dial-a-ride