"tumour worry"

About: Rotherham Hospital / Urology Rotherham PCT / Continence service

About 2 years ago I had a very large bladder tumour,after a week in hospital and 2 operations the tumour was removed.

This was the first time I had ever been in hospital and at 60 years of age I think I have been lucky to have never had a problem in the past.

All the staff at rotherham hospital were fantastic,even the consultant had a good sense of humour (his nickname was elvis).

I was back for another checkup last week and another small tumour was found,I was given the choice of instant removal or book in at a later date,If instant removal I was told some pain could not be avoided but I thought it easier to have it removed while I was there,I could easily put up with the small amount of pain to know that the tumour was removed the same day.

Again I thought all the staff did an excellent job,If I could have gone 3 years with no sign of another tumour I would then be discharged but I must be going through an unlucky patch or is it just old age ?- not possible as I am just a `young lad`

Response from Helen Wyatt, Manager, Patient and Public Involvement , Quality Assurance Team, Rotherham Clinical Commissioning Group

Thanks for telling your story on Patient Opinion; it's good to know that your treatment was so fast and responsive, and that the staff were so caring.

I will pass your comments on to the staff and managers concerned.