"A+E attendance on a friday night"

About: Leeds General Infirmary

Last Friday night I ended up in the A+E dept following a syncope attack. One minute i was at a retirement party enjoying myself and the next I am in a collapsed state and not very well. Anyway I would like to feedback about the doctor who reviewed me in the dept. She was extremely understanding, patient, listened and took her time with me. She had a very good approach with the right attitude and this came across during her examination (which was very thorough). Unfortunately when you suffer from a chronic condition in my past experience you can get fobbed off, but she clearly wanted to cover every angle as well, I found her very reassuring. She is a certainly a role model for some of her medical colleagues. I would just like to shown my appreciation and say thanks as I don't think there is a enough of that in the NHS these days.

Response from Shannon Dunford, PALS Officer, Patient Experience, PALS, Leeds Teaching Hospitals

Dear Tracy Kershaw,

Thank you taking the time out to write to us. I do hope that you are now well. It was very gratifying and uplifting to read your kind words.

I have shared your comments with the Leeds General Infirmary’s A&E department who will be exceptionally pleased with the feedback you have given.

They, as much as I, deeply appreciate the time you have taken to write to us.

Many thanks