"2.5 hours waiting! So much for the Goverment's 60..."

About: William Harvey Hospital

I am so glad that I called before attending, I was advised at 13.00hrs that a 2 and a half hour waiting time is quite normal (obviously I did not attend). The general trend from that point on is to increase until 5AM The way that the hospital is getting around the Government's target is to triage patients within the 1 hour and then return them to the waiting hour for the remaining hour and a half (that's if you're lucky!) Absolutely disgusting how are they able to run rings around the Government right under their noses?

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that you had to wait for over two hours. The triage enables staff to identify the urgency of the issue and helps to prioritise when patients are seen. The standard (target) is that patients are seen, diagnosed, treated and discharged within 4 hours. Currently we see around 600 patients per day through our A&E departments and around 89% cases meet this standard.

We are working hard to improve this to the 95% standard, I can definitely confirm that we are not getting around any targets, we are seeing patients in order of severity and time waited.

I hope this helps you to understand the standard better.