"Continued poor care - following previous comment."

About: Royal Sussex County Hospital

Finishing response in previous review) On the discharge letter I asked for the doctor lied about the medication I had received, lied about the symptoms I had initially come in for, written that I had a full MRI during my stay in a and e which showed no problems, (I had had no tests and she refused to even give me a physical exam despite the diagnosis from multiple doctors prior to her.) She also put a different doctors name at the bottom of the letter. I asked her if I could briefly see a doctor to at least diagnose the slipped discs so I could reveive proper after care, she agreed and I heard her on the phone arranging with another doctor to not diagnose me, I heard her laugh and make jokes about me. She then asked me to go into a waiting room where I would have to wait another minimum of 4 hours (to be told nothing was wrong, without a physical exam as she had arranged). So as I had already heard the nature of the call I left the hospital barely able to walk and in agony. That is just one example of discrimination, and poor care. Thankfully (I suppose) after seizures and worsening symptoms a few days later a doctor diagnosed and properly referred me. I will be making enquiries and contacting MIND as this service, selective discrimination, and it seems co ordinated bullying amongst certain doctors should not be allowed.

Response from Royal Sussex County Hospital

Thank you for your comments.

Should you wish to discuss this matter further, please contact our Patient Advice & liaison Service (PALS) at pals@bush.nhs.uk or on 01273 664973.

Patient Experience Team