"I was amazed at what had been done for me"

About: Rotherham Hospital / General medicine

I became disabled last year and could only stand enough to move from my wheelchair to an ordinary chair and get into and out of bed. However, one day in April I could not get out of bed to stand, so the doctor was called for me and he sent for an ambulance to take me to Rotherham Hospital. There I was kept until July (four weeks). I was treated very well but I did not know what was wrong with me. But when I returned home I still receive attention by being taken to Hospital for further treatment at different occasions for different things I was not aware of. I now believe that unless I was taken to Rotherham hospital at that time I may well not be here to tell this! My stay in hospital was comfortable, very clean and the staff were very friendly and some times amusing. When I returned home after my stay in hospital, I was amazed at what had been done for me. A hospital bed, commode and hoist were all installed ready for me and carers coming to help me. When I lost my husband I thought of going to live near to my family in Derbyshire. I am so thankful that I have changed my mind. I think Rotherham is a perfect place to live and perfect hospital and they are still looking after me!

Response from Helen Wyatt, Manager, Patient and Public Involvement , Quality Assurance Team, Rotherham Clinical Commissioning Group

Thankyou for telling us about your experience; its good to know that you felt the hospital stay was comfortable and clean, and also that the equipment you needed on discharge was provided.