"Yesterday, Saturday 7th February at approximately..."

About: Royal Preston Hospital

Yesterday, Saturday 7th February at approximately 14.30 hrs, I presented myself to the A & E Department of the Royal Preston Hospital with mild chest pains. Having read about the very long waiting times in A & E at some hospitals I was apprehensive about my visit. I need not have been concerned – I was seen by a nurse within 2 minutes! I was then taken through to a cubicle were I was seen by a doctor and nurse. Various tests were carried out and all were negative. I was discharged at approximately 17.30hrs and referred to the Chest Pain Clinic. Throughout my stay in A & E all the staff treated me courteously and I was kept fully informed. In summary the treatment and care I received was exemplary.

Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your experience when you recently attended the Emergency Department. Please be assured that your feedback has been shared with the relevant senior staff to share with their team.

Response from Royal Preston Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your experience; please be assured that your very kind comments have been shared with staff in the Emergency Department.