"Amazing theatre staff"

About: University Hospital Aintree

I attended as an emergency to have a cyst removed on 17th February 2015. I was on SAU and was looked after by a very caring nurse. I was then unfortunately transferred to a quite uncaring nurse, who didn't keep me updated and didn't care that I'd been left without a drip or had an awful headache for 4 hours that left me in tears. I didn't go down to theatre until 6pm after being in from 9am, I totally understand this as obviously the staff need to deal with more urgent patients first. I was looked after by wonderful and caring theatre staff and an excellent and funny surgeon who kept my mind off the surgery I was having under local anaesthetic.

Response from University Hospital Aintree

Dear Sara, We are happy to see that you had a largely positive experience at our hospital. That said, we note your comments about a nurse who you feel was "quite uncaring". If you wish to take this further, our Patient Advice and Complaints team can help. You can contact them by emailing customerservice@aintree.nhs.uk, by calling 0151 529 2400 or by writing to: Patient Advice and Complaints department Aintree University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Lower Lane Liverpool L9 7AL Thank you.