"impressed AMU"

About: Queen's Medical Centre

I was referred to the acute medical unit, clinic 1 yesterday early eve by my Dr. I fully expected to be kept over night so packed a bag. I was so impressed by the treatment when I got there. I saw lots of different people doing different jobs but I knew what was going to happen next due to a very useful board in the waiting room that told me the stages I would go through. I was there for about four hours, but that was mostly seeing different nurses or doctors. In the end I was able to go home too which was good news for me.

Response from Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust

Thanks for your feedback. It’s good to hear that you were pleased with your care and treatment in our Acute Medicine Receiving Unit at QMC. This can be a busy unit, as emergency GP admissions are referred to this unit, and as such it is even more pleasing that you had timely care and felt well-informed during your treatment.

We hope you are recovering well now you are back at home. We will pass on your comments to our team on AMRU, who I know will be most grateful that you have taken the time to get in touch.