About: Royal Preston Hospital

I recently needed to visit the A&E department as a walk in patient ,on arrival I gave my details to the receptionist and a brief description that I was having pain in my ribs when breathing. I was told to take a seat and wait to be called, within a few minutes i was called into a room by the triage nurse after a brief consultation she took me straight into a cubicle where I was seen by a team of doctors and nurses within 20 minutes of arrival I'd been x rayed had an ECG and blood's taken the full works. I was diagnosed with a mass pulmonary embolism. After a 10 day stay in hospital i was discharged with follow up as a outpatient. I had excellent care from all departments  throughout my stay .Thank you.

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. The staff in our Emergency Department work hard to attend to the the large numbers of patients who attend the department in a timely manner and it's always pleasing to be able to share such positive feedback with them.

Response from Royal Preston Hospital

Thank you very much for providing your feedback; your kind comments have been shared with staff in the relevant departments.