"I have a hip replacement and there was nowhere to sit"
About: Manchester Royal Eye Hospital Manchester Royal Eye Hospital Manchester M13 9WH
Posted by Verbala619 (as ),
I had to attend the new eye hospital in Manchester. I am disabled so I rang before hand to find out the best way to get in. When I got there I had to walk 15 minutes to the entrance they told me to go to! Not only did I walk for a long time but there was no where to sit down on the way. This was of great concern to me, but also;
- In the consultation room the chair was too low for someone who had a hip operation like me.
- None of the toilet roll holders in the toilets I went to worked.
- I had had some drops in my eyes and when I went to get something to eat I (and two other patients) couldn’t see the cutlery properly as it was black and mixed together. Why can’t it be white and separated?
- I rang for a taxi when I found out they would come straight to the door, but there was no where to sit and wait for it outside. Luckily an ambulance came and let me use a wheelchair they had. I was scared to wait inside in case I missed it.
- The taxi had difficulty finding the place and I felt as though I was trapped.