"Arm appointment & experience"

About: Glasgow Royal Infirmary / Accident & Emergency Scottish Ambulance Service / Emergency Ambulance

Dear Sir/Madam,

Just a wee note that I felt it was poor from NHS - the Royal - where they said to me as I left my arm examination 3 weeks ago 'oh, we'll send it out' at reception but didn't, I have just called & its tomorrow.

Wouldn't criticize usually - often no need - but ought to have not just fobbed me off, lucky we can still make it however.

The appointment may even have been sent but maybe not delivered by Royal Mail so best to address at the time.

However I feel the ambulance staff that came to pick me up at home were brilliant & as regards the A&E, while it took a few hours to get plastered (others more important than me), I was well looked after and the ambulance prompt, the Saturday before Christmas.

Thank you very much for taking the time to highlight the issues you have had with communication around your appointment. I can completely understand your frustration at this, particularly as this could have resulted in you missing your follow up appointment.

I would like to send your comments on to the relevant service to find out how they organise their follow up appointments and so I can pass on your experience. To help me do this, could you just confirm for me what clinic you were attending and I can makre sure your valuable comments go to the right people. Please feel free to comment here or get in touch with me directly at lorna.gray@ggc.scot.nhs.uk.

Many thanks,