"Haven't kept agreed appointments"

About: Bromley Healthcare / District nursing

Failed to visit to change my wife's catheter despite being booked to do so, and didn't even phone to say they weren't coming. Booked a new appointment and then didn't come again, this time phoning to say there weren't coming as they didn't have enough staff and had too many emergency requests to deal with. The third occasion when they haven't kept the agreed appointment.

Response from Amanda Mayo, Head of Integrated Care - Bromley ICN, Operations Directorate, Bromley Healthcare We are preparing to make a change

Thank you for your posting. I am so sorry that this is a repeated error. This has gone against all of our wishes for any of our patients.

I understand that the Team Leader may have been in touch with you today and will provide a full investigation to you of the issues you have raised.

Once again I am very sorry and I hope that your future contacts with Bromley Healthcare are of a much better quality.

Amanda

• Westo thinks this response is helpful

Update posted by Westo (a relative)

Thank you for responding. Yes the Team Leader has been in touch, we have discussed the matter and she will be in contact again once the matter has been investigated. Pleased to say that my wife's catheter was changed yesterday, my wife was very happy with the care that she received from the district nurse.

Response from Amanda Mayo, Head of Integrated Care - Bromley ICN, Operations Directorate, Bromley Healthcare We have made a change

Thank you for the update.

I hope that our future visits are carried out as planned and agreed with you however if there are any issues please do not hesitate to get in touch again.

We are about to start providing clients two hour windows when a nurse will be able to visit. This currently will be offered only by the team who support your wife and not routinely across Bromley Healthcare until we have piloted this method of working. Hopefully this will help you and your wife moving forwards.

• Westo thinks this response is helpful