"Treatment excellent at all stages"

About: Northern General Hospital / Respiratory medicine

I was taken ill in the week before Christmas 2014, my Doctor diagnosed pneumonia and referred me for an X-Ray which was done quickly and the diagnosis was confirmed. I am going for a follow-up X-Ray on Monday next. My treatment has been excellent at all stages and whilst I still have a cough I am considerably better than I was.

Response from Deborah Hopkinson, Patient Experience Co-ordinator, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Francene

Thank you for taking the time to give us your kind comments on the care that you have recently received.

Staff always welcome positive feedback and I will ensure your comments are passed on to those involved.

Response from Helen Mulholland, NHS Sheffield Clinical Commissioning Group

We are delighted to hear that that you are considerably better than you were and that your treatment has been excellent at all stages. It’s good to hear about the system working well. Thank you for sharing your experience – this will be used alongside the other stories we hear to help develop our plan for the coming 5 years.

If you would like to keep up to date with how the CCG is using your feedback, you can do so here https://www.patientopinion.org.uk/blogposts/352/what-are-your-experiences-of-respiratory-care