"Rude doctor"

About: University College Hospital

I went to the A&E after feeling unwell at work. After being ill for over a week and not getting much care from GP I went to the A&E concerned that my symptoms were alarming and getting worse. The lady at the reception was extremely kind and I didn't have to wait long to be seen. When I was called by the doctor he was rude and did not care much about what I had to say. Asked me what the GP said, I told him and with only looking at my mouth with his iphone light he said he agreed and did not examined me further even thought my visit to the GP was 3 days ago. He didn't want to listen to my symptoms and when I complained about my really bad headaches he said that was caused by my fever, which I didn't had and he would know that if he took a second to check. He was patronizing and told me I should go to the GP, that there was a place for emergencies.

Response from University College Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to feed back to us. We're so pleased that you found our A&E receptionist to be kind and that you didn't have to wait long to be seen. However, we are very sorry to hear about your recent experience of emergency clinical care at UCLH. We would be grateful if you could contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) via pals@uclh.nhs.uk or by calling 020 3447 3042 so that we can look into this.