"Sent away"

About: Altrincham General Hospital

I went this morning with my son who had an infected finger following a flare up of his eczema and we were told that this was a minor injuries unit and they could not treat us. There was no-one else there and from reading other reviews it is something that could have been treated there. I was very upset and disappointed at this treatment.

Response from Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to learn that your experience was not as positive as we would hope when you attended the Altrincham Minor Injuries Unit with your son. It is important to us that comments are heard and seen as an opportunity provided to the service to make changes and improvements wherever possible.

It is difficult to respond to all the posts on this website in a full way because of a lack of detailed information. We would welcome the chance to discuss your concerns with you in more detail. Please contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service on 0161 276 8686 or by e-mailing pals@cmft.nhs.uk so we can look into your specific case.

The Patient Experience Team