About: Barnet General Hospital

I was transferred to a consultant in ENT from my GP after I had a hearing test and found I had lost some hearing. The whole experience was terrible. I had a 9:00 am appointment and the hospital were running 2 hours late which they did not inform me of. There were not enough seats in the waiting area so I stood for the first hour. When I was first seen they repeated tests that had already been completed by another department and didn't seem to have any idea this had occurred and didn't bother to listen when I told them. Throughout the process the dr and nurse treated me as if I was a hypochondriac, which I am not. They made comments like only mild not sure what's happening. I very rarely go to hospital and was worried that at a young age I lost hearing. The consultant didn't listen to any of the side effects I'd been getting and said well just take paracetamol it will go away eventually. Finally I had an MRI scan and I got no information just a call one day to come in the next day. I heard nothing on the results I eventually phoned and got passed to a number of people. I found out the results had been already sent to the consultant. I have not heard from the consultant at all I have tried to call and left messages and am awaiting a response. All in all there wasn't a single good thing I could say about the hospital.

Response from Barnet General Hospital

We're sorry to hear about your experience and would like to look into it further to improve our service. We would be grateful if you could email details to rf.communications@nhs.net so that we can investigate. Thank you.