"Automated message"

About: Telford referral and quality service (TRAQS) The Princess Royal Hospital / Ear, Nose and Throat

TRAQS were very quick to contact me and arrange an appropriate appointment. Unfortunately this has had to be changed once but again was done quite efficiently. A few days before the appointment calls were made to my phone which I missed. When I rang back the automation told me to press 2 which sent me into a loop of the same message. When I tried pressing 1 (if I “ knew the number” which I did not) it automatically confirmed the appointment. This meant I rang a number 5 times before the appointment was confirmed whereas it should’ve said “press 1 to confirm appointment” and this would have saved me a lot of time + frustration. At the hospital, the staff were friendly and helpful.

Response from Helen Handy, TRAQS & CAB Co-Ordinator, Telford and Wrekin CCG

Dear Question499

Thank you for your positive feedback relating to your experience of booking with the TRAQS team.

I am sorry that you had problems confirming your appointment with the automated hospital system.

I would suggest that you contact the PALS office at the hospital who will be able to take note of your comments and provide you with an explanation of what happened.

Tel: 01743 261691 and 0800 783 0057 (An answerphone will take out-of-hours messages). More information about can be found on SATH’s website at: http://www.sath.nhs.uk/patients-and-visitors/pals/

Response from The Princess Royal Hospital

Thank you for your feedback Di Davis Patient Advice and Liaison Service