"Very thorough and caring"

About: East Surrey Hospital / General surgery South East Coast Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust / Emergency ambulance

1 Night time admission to A&E. Para medics in ambulance attended and very thorough and caring. Taken to East Surrey A&E - efficient reception and handover followed by timely diagnosis of likely pneumonia and provision of drip etc.

2 Pre planned appointment for colonoscopy in the Endoscopy unit as follow up to cancer screening. Led by Dr Ansari the process was a model of its kind for the NHS. Included personal follow up to explain outcome of analysis of samples taken.

Dear IBD patient

Thank you for sharing your comments about two recent visits to East Surrey Hospital. Whilst they were separate incidents I am pleased that you received such good care in both departments and by both teams and I will pass on your comments which I know they will be pleased to read.

Response from Louise Hutchinson, Patient Experience Lead, South East Coast Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust

Dear IBD patient

Thank you very much for taking the time to feed back about the NHS services you have recently received. I was very pleased to read that the ambulance crew who attended you that night were thorough and caring, and although this is exactly what we expect of our crews, it's so nice when we hear it direct from our patients.

Thank you again and very best wishes for your recovery.

Yours sincerely, Louise Hutchinson