"getting my son the help he needs"

About: Locala Community Partnerships CIC / Health visiting

(as a parent/guardian),

School were concerned that my son was behind developmentally, so they told us their concerns and we contacted the health visiting team in our area. I was really nervous about the whole situation, because it was a lot to take in, in such a short period of time. I guess my biggest worry was being pushed into something we didn't feel was right for our son and him getting overwhelmed by too much at once.

However I needn't of worried, my health visitor came out to my home today (it was my first time meeting her) and she was lovely. She made me feel at ease straight away, I really felt like she understood what I was feeling with regards to the situation and I never once felt judged, which was also one of my fears.

Now I feel confident about moving forward with her and the rest of the support team in getting my son the help he needs.

Response from Emma Dickens, Customer Engagement Manager, Integrated Children's Services, Locala Community Partnerships CIC

Hello

Thank you for giving this feedback. I am very pleased that you have had such a positive experience and your health visitor has alleviated your fears. If you do ever feel like you need any additional support or guidance then do discuss this with your health visitor who I am sure will be only too happy to help you.

Wishing you and your family all the best in the future.

Emma