"arthroscopic knee surgery"

About: Guy's Hospital

I had a arthroscopic knee surgery at Guy`s Hospital .Before the surgery the knee surgeon forgot to mark the leg that would be operated .they didn`t even shave the operation area. None told me to wear compression stocking for the operated leg. I ended up with a DVT on the operated leg .there is no physio after surgery.I have never know the surgeons name. surgeons name is not even on the discharged letter. When I Phoned up the Guy`s Hospital to get the surgeon name I was told that they wouldn`t know . no one knows who was the surgeon was.

Response from Guy's Hospital

was very concerned to read this feedback. You describe a series of issues that should not occur in our hospitals. I apologise unreservedly for the distress that has been caused. I have shared your feedback with the management team responsible for the Orthopaedics service, who are keen to investigate the issues you have raised. To investigate and to offer you a full explanation for what occurred, the team will need further information. They would be grateful if you would telephone PALS (patient advice and liaison service) on 020 7188 8801 or 020 7188 8803 or email pals@gstt.nhs.uk to provide this information. PALS will be happy to liaise with the Orthopaedics service on your behalf and to offer advice and support.