"Gallstone diagnosis"

About: Heartlands Hospital / General surgery

I had an appointment today at 1120 in the outpatients department. I have been diagnosed with gallstones following a sonogram and an MRI in Glasgow Royal Infirmary by consultant Mr Asher.

Neither my GP nor the doctor (name unknown) I spoke to today have attempted to contact Mr Asher in any manner. The outpatient doctor has booked me for an appointment to have a camera to look at my stomach for ulcers.

This is too much. I have to wait another 2 months for a test I do not need. What I need is to have my gallbladder removed. I know this. Now all I need is a doctor who knows how to communicate with other doctors.

Dear Sir

Thank you for your comments regarding your experience in our Outpatients Department.

I am sorry to read of the problem you describe and would very much like an opportunity to resolve this.

Can I please ask you to contact me so that I may obtain some more information from you?

You can call me on 0121 424 0808 or email me at: marie.helebert@heartofengland.nhs.uk

Please be assured that we take seriously any issues our patients or their families may have and we welcome your feedback.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours Sincerely

Marie Helebert

Response from Govindan Raghuraman, Associate Medical Director and ITU Consultant, Heartlands, Heart Of England NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Sir

I am sorry to read about your poor experience with us. Please contact me on

govindan.raghuraman@heartofengland.nhs.uk. I will try and expedite your treatment.