"Poor mental health care"

About: Somerset Partnership NHS Foundation Trust / Adult community mental health

I have suspected AD/HD with some other problems and visited well comunity health team, as my life is a mess. I seem to go from crisis to crisis even though I consider myself to be a bright person. I was faced with massive waiting times between appointments, including months to wait to see a psychologist who told me they had no specific training in adhd. Then followed by the psychiatrist who didn't seem to have much knowledge of ADHD.

In all the appointments I feel that I was made to feel like a hoax, only there to get free drugs. I was refused access to a trained professional even though I asked for a letter to be sent to my local PCT. Their answer was that only the psychiatrist could refer me and he refused even though he suspected that I met the criteria.

I was offered testing by someone but even if that showed positive, I was told that I would still not be able to see a trained professional so I felt I had to refuse.

It was a disheartening situation which has left me in exactly the same position as last year, if not worse.

Response from Karen Howard-Grenville, PALS, Somerset Partnership NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to offer some feedback through the Patient Opinion website. Firstly, I would like to take the opportunity to say that we were disappointed you felt your experience of our service was not a good one. Secondly, it is important for Somerset Partnership to receive comments about our services so that we can address problems where they occur and ensure we learn from them and improve the experience of all patients. If you would like to contact the Trust to discuss your experiences further, please contact me, Karen Howard-Grenville, PALS, telephone number shown below, email at pals@sompar.nhs.uk or write to me at 2nd Floor, Mallard Court, Express Park, Bristol Road, Bridgwater. TA6 4RN. Alternatively, you could write to Paul Milverton, Service manager for Adult Community Services, Holly Court, Summerlands, Preston Road, Yeovil BA20 2BN