"Fantastic service but the reception let the side down"

About: University College Hospital / Gastroenterology

I attended the UCLH for a colonoscopy. Fantastic service, but the reception department let the side down. Please try and chill out and don’t think you are the directors of the hospital. You play a very important role, but don’t let it go to your head. We are people just like you too!

You are our first port of call and last but in my experience you have let the side down. Hope someone reads this and attitudes at reception change.

Response from Chris Dann, Assistant General Manager Gastrointestinal Services Division, Gastroenterology Department, UCH We are preparing to make a change

I am pleased to read of the service you received during your recent colonoscopy.

The Gastrointestinal Services Division does not manage the Administration Team in the Unit, so I have asked for input from a manager within the responsible division.

'This posting was circulated to all administration staff and subsequently discussed in a team meeting.

The department are currently exploring a tailor made customer service course for their team, as they endeavour to improve their service.'

The Imaging Division would like me to pass on their apologies to you.