"Bilateral Mastectomy with immediate DIEP reconstruction"

About: Queen Victoria Hospital / Plastic surgery

I had a bilateral Mastectomy with immediate DIEP reconstruction under Mr Simon Mackey's team at QVH in January 2015.

Everybody made my visit perfect at, what was, probably the strangest time in my 40 years of life. Mr Millington put me at ease with his warm smile and approach, the nurses were ALL lovely and attentive... they make you feel like you are the only one they are caring for while you are there.

I was a very shy girl with regards to showing off certain parts of my body but these Nurses, Consultants and Doctors made this side of treatment easy to cope with.

Thank you East Grinstead for being there when I needed you... The NHS and its staff are all amazing! x

Response from Queen Victoria Hospital

Dear Shnauzer Mum Thank you for your comments and for sharing your personal experience with us. I am glad to learn that the care and treatment was provided by the staff in such a way that made certain aspects of your experience easier for you to deal with. This is what we strive for patients to experience every time, so it is very motivating for the nursing and clinical staff to receive feedback like yours. Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences which have been passed onto the staff invloved with your care. Kind regards Nicolle Tadman - Patient Experience Manager

Response from Nicolle Ferguson, Patient Experience Manager, Queen Victoria Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Shnauzer Mum

Thank you sharing your personal comments with us.

I am glad to learn that the care was provided by the staff in such a way that made certain aspects easier for you to deal with. This is what we strive for patients to experience every time, so it is very motivating for the nursing and clinical staff to receive feedback like yours.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience which have been passed onto the staff involved with your care.