"Recent medical urgent admission"

About: Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital

I was admitted into hospital as a result of a medical emergency. There were many medical staff involved and it would be impossible to thank them all. However I should mention the rapid response and caring nature of the ambulance crew was excellent, from initially managing my condition to constantly keeping my wife informed and reassured. Once in the A&E dept. I was assessed and started on treatment with surprising speed and professionalism. Being also a type 1 diabetic the team also provided food to maintain my sugar levels. Also they provided my wife with refreshments, very unexpected. When transferred to the AEUS Easton ward there was a particular first year student nurse who was responsible for my admission process. Even though this was a very busy ward, this young nurse was extremely efficient taking time to explain the numerous forms that needed completing whilst ensuring I was comfortable and received all necessary medication.

Thank for telling us about your experience in hospital. The teams involved in your care will be pleased to hear that you and your wife felt well cared for and that the staff were professional.

Response from Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital

The teams on Easton Ward and A&E will be pleased to hear your feedback. We hope you are recovering well after your speedy treatment.